Saturday 31 March 2012

Jane Goodall - If you had the chance to do anything differently

I'm just back from a short hop to Nairobi this week. We had an event for work on Friday which I was asked to attend so I combined it with a few days based in our Nairobi office.

Didn't have much chance to enjoy the city, but I did have dinner with some friends I met here in Dar es Salaam who have since been moved to Nairobi. Amazing to share time with friends even after they've left. It's the one major occupational hazard (or personal?) that comes with choosing to work internationally, your friends are constantly on the move, just like yourself. Someone is either coming or going, and it's never certain when or whether you'll see them again.

My second night I had the chance to get together with a former roommate from Copenhagen.d.

Add that to the friends I met in the airport both on the way out of Dar es Salaam on Wednesday, and at the airport in Nairobi yesterday, and I've had a nice half week full of meetings with friends who've come and gone (or friends who've stayed in the same place, and I've come and gone.

Anyway, as a hazard of this kind of lifestyle, I was thinking, if I could do things differently than I am now, would I? I don't think so!

Here's a clip from the lecture by Jane Goodall on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment