Tuesday 27 March 2012

Foundations - after 3 weeks

That's right, time for another dog training update. I'm still working on that audio extravaganza from my trip to Ethiopia now two weekends ago. My audio editing powers were severely hampered this weekend with 7+ power cuts during the day on both Saturday day and Sunday day.

I also have a Jane Goodall treat for you coming up in the near future, just need to get an internet connection that doesn't block Soundcloud.

In the meantime, Shaki was super excited to play self control games yesterday and finished off with a great "dead dog".

Natasha closes this session off with a stellar hand touch that require her to jump to hit the target. We also learned that while dogs will do almost anything for a piece of cheese, using small cubes of cheese in this heat leads to sticky-cheese residue-y hands. 
I'm sure if Shaki and Natasha could sing the I love Cheese song, they would.

A glimpse into our improvement in tugging. You see that some socks have been reincarnated as dog tugs. My dogs love socks, so I thought this was the perfect thing to create a motivating toy out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment